The Mount Old Scholars' Association was founded in 1881 fifty years after the school was first
formed in Castlegate in 1831. It is a registered charity and is open to all Old Scholars' of The Mount School as well as to past and present members of staff. MOSA is managed by a Committee of Old Scholars' appointed by the AGM.
Our aims are:
- To support the educational advancement and development of current and former pupils of The Mount School through a mentorship programme for College girls, careers guidance, talks or work experience opportunities.
- To award grants from its various trust funds.
- To award bursaries to support those who would otherwise be unable to come to The Mount.
- To provide friendship amongst former Mount girls, to provide a ready means of communication between them and to maintain a connection with the school.
- MOSA has also been able to contribute to developments in the School to improve and update the already excellent facilities that are on offer.